Our Trust Policies
As Newham Community Learning, we have a number of Trust policies which apply to all schools across the Trust. These are regularly reviewed and updated, and are then published on the Policies Page of the Trust website.
Key policies include:
- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Safer Recruitment
- Equality Objectives
- Behaviour Principles
- Unacceptable Behaviour for Visitors
- Suspension and Permanent Exclusions
- RSHE Principles
- Supporting Children with Health Needs who Cannot Attend School
- Supporting Children with Medical Conditions
- First Aid
- Risk Management
- Declaring Business Interests
- Conflicts of Interest
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Data Protection
- Model Publication Scheme
- School Information Guide
- Freedom of Information
- Early Career Framework for Teachers
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Modern Slavery
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
In addition, at Portway, we have a set of school policies which we regularly review and update. A number of these are required by law; others we have developed in order to ensure that our processes and procedures in all areas of school life are clear and are understood by all.
Our policies ensure that we have a robust way of maintaining and improving the high standards that we set ourselves and our children. Furthermore, they provide all our stakeholders with a ‘road-map’ through which to access information about school life. Fundamentally, they support our vision of being a learning community for all.
This page was reviewed in July 2023.